Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Welcome to my blog...

In less than 2 weeks I will be a farmers wife. This may or may not seem odd to you but in my head I'm thinking 'How the hell did that happen?" . If you had said to me 2 years ago that this would be the case I would have laughed.... very LOUDLY! I am a British migrant to New Zealand and have been here for about 3 years now. I was teaching in North London before I ventured south to New Zealand and as you can imagine my lifestyle is somewhat different now.

My sister, Lyndsey, arrived in New Zealand the other day along with her boyfriend Steve. Watching them nervously walk down the driveway towards the farm on the lookout for any speck of mud made me realise how far I've come in a short space of time. It's true I'm nowhere near being immune to the delights of cow poo yet but I've learned so much already and more importantly I'm now willing to give it all a go as I've been lured into the way of life of a farmers wife.

I've started this blog to give it a go... blogging that is. I've been meaning to use it as a teaching tool for a while now but never seem to have then time. Now the summer holidays are here I thought I'd give it bash. I'm not sure anybody out there want to know about the transistion from city girl to farmers wife but then again you never know.... here goes....

No comments: